The Collective Experience Powered By Tourism Diversity Matters Offers an Interactive Cross-Cultural Forum to Advance DEI Excellence
ST. PAUL, MN, July 5, 2023—Tourism Diversity Matters (TDM) today announced distinguished Futurist Carsten Beck, director of Copenhagen Institute For Futures Studies, as a keynote speaker at its flagship Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) conference on October 23-24, 2023, in Philadelphia.
The 2023 DEI conference: The Collective Experience, will focus on a wide range of diverse and inclusive strategies that can influence corporate social responsibility and create fair treatment, access, and advancement for all, eliminating barriers.
“We’re thrilled to have Director and Futurist, Carsten Beck open our CEO Roundtable with a keynote on Mega Trends and the transformative forces shaping DEI, meetings and conventions, and workforce,” said Gregg Caren, 2023 DEI conference co-chair and Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau president and CEO. “Carsten’s passion for trend analysis and his exceptional expertise on preparing for the future will make for an unforgettable event. His experience across corporate, government and NGOs will provide leaders with a collaborative forum to discuss common challenges, exchange ideas and share insights.”
The Copenhagen Institute for Future Studies is renowned for its approach solving strategic organizational and business challenges. As Director of the Copenhagen Institute For Future Studies, Beck’s work with global trends and scenario processes spans more than 30 years in 30 countries. He has spoken extensively on the Future of Work, The Consumer of the Future, Macro trends affecting markets and societies and much more. From governments and Fortune 500s to rock festivals and local schools, his expertise on how trends shape the future are sought out globally. Based on the insights created together with colleagues at the Institute and his clients, Beck brings new perspectives, new cases and lots of enthusiasm to any conversation related to the future. He believes learning about trends and scenarios are an important step in creating better futures for people, organizations and societies.
“Equitable access to forward-thinking DEI research and cutting-edge methods like Carsten’s futurist methods are imperative to the work we’re doing to advance DEI excellence,” said Greg DeShields, executive director of TDM. “We’re proud to build a collaborative space where DEI intersects with corporate and academic strategies. That is why our Academic Think Tank on day one of the conference is so significant. These are the minds producing groundbreaking research. The Collective Experience is all about how we can shape the future of DEI together. That is what sets this conference apart.”
The conference is designed for CEOs, corporate leaders, Chief Diversity Officers, government officials, and university-level educators and administrators. The conference offers two agenda tracks each day with a breadth of DEI content covering critical fundamentals and innovative strategies.
The Collective Experience foundational events include:
- The Academic Think Tank, October 23: a forum specifically designed for deans, directors, research faculty and DEI practitioners. Sessions will address topics including accessing a diverse talent pipeline, curriculum and staff
development, diverse and inclusive performance metrics, and funding for Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
- DEI Thought Leadership, October 23: a platform designed for attendees to collaborate with influential individuals and experts in the field of DEI. Attendees will engage in a results-oriented discussion of today’s hard-hitting issues with a focus on future perspectives. Sessions will address a variety of positive change methods to create more inclusive and equitable organizations and communities.
- CEO Roundtable, October 24: a gathering of chief executive officers (CEOs) from various companies and industries to discuss relevant issues openly and candidly. They share industry-specific knowledge, emerging trends and innovative approaches. CEOs can gain valuable insights and access to information that may help them make informed decisions and drive their organizations forward.
The 2023 speaker sessions will ignite inspiration and preparedness for today’s most pressing DEI issues. Critical conversations across diversity, equity and inclusion will include:
- DEI Politics and Culture
- DEI The Next Horizon
- DEI in Academia
- Tourism Recruitment at Academic Institutions and Workforce Development
- Supplier Diversity
Featured speakers from across the country will include:
- Hernan Tagliani, President, The Group Advertising. Tagliani is a highly respected multicultural Hispanic marketing expert, business speaker and author whose insights and expertise are invaluable to companies.
- Margaret Spence, Founder, The Inclusive Learning Lab. Spence is a leading consultant, speaker and author. She is one of the foremost authorities on linking human resources best practices with workers’ compensation and integrated disability management.
- Dr. Kryss Shane is an American LGBT+ expert, social work educator, consultant, author and a popular public speaker. Her keen insights are featured in the New York Times, ABC News, CNN, Oprah Magazine, Rolling Stone, Readers Digest and Playboy.
Bringing Everyone to the Table
“Our collective impact is the driving force behind meaningful and sustainable change, and we need to remove barriers to participation,” added DeShields. “Through the support of our partners, we have created a fund to give non-profit leaders full access to the conference. Often these leaders are challenged the most to achieve impact with limited resources.”
The Community Scholarship Program is a non-profit leaders fund that provides complimentary registration for influential community leaders. Tourism Diversity Matters encourages business leaders who may or may not attend The Collective Experience to contribute. Join Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board, the Community Scholarship Program’s inaugural sponsor, in this collective effort. By creating a more inclusive and equitable opportunity, non-profit leaders can expand their professional development, thought leadership and networking with business leaders that could create powerful collaborations.
Full conference registration to The Collective Experience is $750, which includes access to all sessions, events and research. Registration is now open.
For more information about the conference, including a full list of speakers and panelists and to register, visit TDMcollective.com.
WHAT: 2023 Diversity Equity & Inclusion Conference: The Collective Experience
WHEN: October 23-24, 2023 Day One: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST
Day Two: 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. EST
WHERE: Hilton Philadelphia at Penn’s Landing
201 S. Christopher Columbus Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Special thanks to the 2023 Planning Committee and our sponsors: ConferenceDirect, Hilton, Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau (PHLCVB), PHL Diversity and Miles Partnership.
Click the link below to register: